For many Labrador Retriever owners, it is not uncommon to share a bed with them. After all, they are large and warm. But Labs need their own bed too. It is all too common for a Lab to push their human over so they have most of the bed, and their human or humans have very little.
It can be very hard to find a Lab bed. Many prefer cooler surfaces, so they do like laying on the floor or in the bathtub! But that can not be comfortable for your fur baby.
And if you have not already found out how destructive Labs can be to their beds, many Lab owners from our Facebook group have reported that after buying 4 or 5 dog beds, they gave up trying!
However, after extensive research on our Facebook posts, I have compiled a list of Labrador Beds that our Facebook users recommend. Most of these Lab owners recommend using a bed that is elevated and chew proof. Listed below, you will find my list, as well as a buyer’s guide to help you select the best Labrador bed.
All of these are on Amazon, so you can click on check the price, add the one (or ones) you like to cart so you don’t lose the link and decide what bed suits your needs afterwards.
For more details about each one of these beds you can scroll down. This table is just a summary.
Important: Every single one of these beds has been recommended thousands of times in our Labrador group, so if you can’t afford the best choice model, be assured that every one of these will do the job just fine.
Elevated Labrador Beds
Best Labrador Retrievers Beds Buyer’s Guide
Labrador beds come in a lot of colors, shapes, and sizes. It is imperative to find one that is durable enough for your large pup while looking at the priorities that your dog needs. There are things that you may desire to have in a bed, but there are also things that you should never compromise on.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing a Lab Bed
Think about how you feel when a bed is too small for you. Are you comfortable and do you get a good night’s sleep? Probably not! This is why looking at the size of a Lab bed should never be overlooked. The bed needs to be large enough to fit your pooch on the bed so they can be comfortable when they sleep.
At the same time, you will also want to make sure it fits into their crate.
When looking for a pet bed, it is recommended to make sure the bed is long enough for your pup. You can do this by measuring your dog from the tip of their snout to the base of their tail, and then purchase a bed that is at least this long.
Let’s face it…Labs are tough and rough on anything that comes in contact with them. Beds included. It is essential to look for a bed that can withstand lots of wear and tear.
You will also want to look for a bed that is able to be washed. Having a clean bed is important to the health of your pup, so look for one that has a removable cover.
Types of Dog Beds
There are different types of dog beds you can purchase for your beloved Lab.
While an elevated bed does not look very comfortable to a human, your Lab will think otherwise. These beds assist in keeping dogs warmer in the cool temperatures, and cooler in the hot temperatures as air can circulate under them.
“Real” Lab beds are the ones that you will find in many homes that have pets. These beds may be rectangular or circular and are stuffed with a comfortable filling.
Mats work perfectly in a dog crate. When looking for a mat, make sure that it is thick enough for your pup to be comfortable and large enough to fit the crate.
Tips For Using a Crate For a Bed
If you use a crate for a Lab bed, there are several things that you can do to ensure they are comfortable.
- Place towels in the crate for soft bedding.
- Toss in a few tough chew toys to help distract your pup from being destructive.
- Place items in the crate that have the owner’s scent on them.
- Do not use your crate as a punishment for your dog. He will refuse to enter it after being punished various times.
Just as all of us do not sleep the same way, Labs do not either. While some Labs will curl up into small balls, others will look like Patrick the Starfish all sprawled out!
Dogs that like to curl up may be stating they like to be secure. Therefore, an “enclosed” bed may be better for him. Those dogs that like to land however may find that a flat bed is perfect for them. And finally, for any pooch that needs a pillow, be certain to look for one with good head support.
Best Beds For Labrador Retrievers
Kuranda All-Aluminum Elevated Dog Bed
This all-aluminum chew proof dog bed can be used indoors and outdoors as it is constructed from heavy-duty vinyl fabric. Coming in four colors and six sizes, there is a bed for every Lab out there.
Many Lab owners are impressed with how durable this bed is. Kuranda is a well-known brand and understands how destructive Labs can be. While no bed is indestructible, this bed will last a long time.
Other Labrador owners state how comfortable their pups are in this bed.
And finally, while the bed is sturdy and super tough, it is easy to move.
- Patented, Chew Proof durable Power that is constructed from a lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum frame that supports up to 250 pounds.
- Heavy Duty 40 ounce dense vinyl is a super durable fabric. It’s perfect for a determined digger and larger, heavier canines. Its flat covering is simple to clean, making it perfect for outdoor use.
- Outside dimensions: 40 inches x 25 inches x 7inches
- Fabric area dimensions: 36 inches x 22 inches
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Easy to clean and guaranteed to stand up to repeated cleaning.
K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed
The K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated dog bed is the second most popular choice when it comes to beds for Labradors. It comes in five sizes and four colors/patterns.
This chew-resistant Lab bed is elevated, resisting any destructive dog habits such as chewing, biting, scratching, digging, and nesting. The full aluminum dog bed design and the ripstop ballistic fabric used for the bed assist in making this bed perfect for destructive pups.
Many Lab owners are impressed with the 120 Day Chew Proof Armored Warranty. If your Lab chews through or damages any part of their bed within these 120 days of receiving it, they will replace the damaged component(s) once free of charge.
- This chew proof dog bed is great for dogs who persistently chew their bed. Any dog that has turned other dog beds into a pile of rags will benefit from this bed. It is not only chewed resistant but also is an indestructible dog bed.
- This indestructible dog bed won’t allow even the most persistent chewing dogs to destroy. Some canines may damage the fabric bed sling but the company backs it with their 180 Day Chew Proof Warranty.
- Manufactured to fit in all standard size dog crates, this crate dog bed fits snuggly, but not too tightly without any gaps. This assists in keeping your Lab safe in his crate. Likewise, it helps prevent damage to a dog’s tries to damage the crate dog bed.
- Easy to clean
Coolaroo Original Elevated Pet Bed
If you are looking for a cheaper option, consider purchasing the Coolaroo Original Elevated Pet Bed. It comes in three sizes and six colors and is substantially cheaper than the first two choices.
Many owners like how you can clean it by rinsing it off with a hose. Others have stated that they are impressed with how long this bed will last as it is so inexpensive.
- The off-the-ground design improves and increases airflow on all sides of the bed, keeping your dog cool. This bed elevates your pooch more than 7 inches off the ground.
- Easy to clean
- The suspended platform presents extra comfort by creating low-impact areas to pressure points and joints. This offers almost 9 square feet of bed space.
- Mite, mold, flea, and mildew resistant
- Emphasizes a lightweight, yet strong powder-coated steel frame that is extraordinarily durable for dogs of all sizes.
- Assembles in minutes
- 100% recyclable lead- and phthalate-free fabric for a more sustained environment.
- GREENGUARD certified
- Portable design makes it ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
K9 Ballistics Tough Orthopedic Dog Bed
The K9 Ballistics Tough Orthopedic dog bed was manufactured to be tough and chew resistant. This company understands that Labs can be very destructive, so they invented this nearly indestructible bed. It is machine washable and allows dogs plagued with arthritis to have the support and comfort they need.
This bed comes in four colors and five sizes.
These beds do not use any glue, so they will not flatten over time, no matter how large your pup is.
The K9 Ballistics bed features a waterproof membrane that prevents any moisture from seeping through to the floor. This is perfect for older dogs that may have accidents. This mattress also supports your canine with extra joint and spine support, which is especially crucial for older dogs or large breeds. This bed feels firm yet forgiving and offers incredible support for very light to very heavy dogs.
- No glue mattress
- Perfect for canines that are diggers, scratchers, and who are tough on their bed.
- The Durable Ripstop Ballistic Cover makes this bed scratch-resistant, waterproof, and dig-proof cover. The comfy design features a removable, machine washable, and easy to clean cover.
- This bed comes with a Chew proof promise. If your pup damages it’s tough dog bed within 120 days after purchasing it, the company will issue you a one-time store credit that can be used to replace your damaged bed.
- Features a Velcro plus hidden zipper closure for safety.
- The company uses CertiPUR-US foam which is cut in their manufacturing facility in the United States. The orthopedic dog bed mattress won’t allow your dog to sink through to the floor. The company claims the largest and heaviest dogs cannot flatten this orthopedic dog bed!
K9 Ballistics Tough Bolster Nesting Dog Bed
Coming in five sizes and seven patterns/colors, the K9 Ballistic Tough Bolder Nesting dog bed is a high-quality foam mattress that allows a dog to get comfortable. Many Lab owners appreciated that their pup’s sharp teeth were not a match for the tough fabric on this bed.
Another customer loved that even the velvety portions of the bed were super durable, yet were super soft.
And speaking of how durable this bed is, one customer even walked across the bed, and it never touched the floor!
- Essentially an indestructible dog bed that is perfect for diggers, scratchers, and nesting dogs.
- The Durable Ripstop Ballistic Cover is scratch-resistant and waterproof. The dig-proof cover has a comfortable design that’s removable, machine washable, and easy to clean.
- With the company’s chew proof promise, you can rest assured that if your Labrador damages it’s tough dog bed within 120 days after purchasing it, K9 Ballistics will issue you a one-time store credit that can be used to replace your damaged bed.
- The shredded foam dog bed mattress merges excellent breathability with soft dog bed comfort.
- Manufactured in the USA, this non-toxic, shredded CertiPUR-US foam mattress provides optimal support and comfort for every size of a dog. The company has succeeded in not only enhancing the quality of your dog’s mattress but made great strides in improving the quality of their sleep.
Hero Dog Bed Mat Crate Pad
The Hero Dog Dog Bed Mat Crate Pad is an inexpensive pad to use in your crate. Available in five colors and six sizes, these beds are made from premium materials. The dog mat is padded with premium PP Cotton that your beloved pet will find to be soft and cozy. The bed retains its shape after washing and none of the materials used are toxic. Hero states each product will have more than five months to design and test. They pride their company in treating dogs as part of the family and think you should offer them the best.
The colors that Hero has picked out help to hide shedding from your Labrador. These mats can not only be used in crates, but also thrown on the floor, the end of a bed, the sofa, or a car seat.
Many Lab owners were pleased with the anti-slip rubber bottom that keeps the mat in position.
- This soft crate pad for large dogs, especially for older or disabled canines, support joints and soothes pressure points. The 3 cm cotton inside makes the mattress thick enough for better sleep.
- The dog bed is washable in the washing machine. It will keep its original shape even after many times in the washing machine.
- This pet bed can protect furniture, floors, or back seats of cars from dander, dirt, and fur.
- The huge dog bed is slip-resistant and durable.
- This orthopedic crate bed comes with a durable plush fleece, that will not be easy to break down.
- The dog crate mat will not slip as its non-skid bottom prevents moving and shifting. This works great on hardwood floors. It will keep your pup safe when napping on the mat with its very soft surface.
K9 Ballistics Tough Dog Crate Pad
The K9 Ballistics Tough Dog Crate Pad comes in six sizes and many colors. Perfect for diggers and scratchers, this crate pad is filled with K9 Certified Clean Recycled Polyfill.
Lab owners are satisfied with how durable this crate pad is. They also like the fact that there is a 120-day guarantee that states after receiving it, the company will issue the purchaser a one-time store credit that can be used to replace the damaged cover.
Other Lab owners have noticed that this crate pad allows their pet to sleep better. Others love how lightweight the crate pad is as it can easily be moved around the house as needed.
- Designed for diggers and scratchers, this crate pad will be long lasting.
- Waterproof Rip-Stop Ballistic Fabric is constructed of densely knitted material that resists moisture, dirt, hair, and grime. It’s likewise super simple to clean with only a wet towel or hose. For a deep clean, throw it in the washing machine on a cold cycle and let air dry.
- Anchor Point Tie-Downs secure the corners of the bed to the wireframe of your crate.
- Non-Skid Ballistic bottoms are safe for your canine. When beds slip and slide around on plastic crate liners, your pup can end up with a crumpled bed piled up in the corner, which is not comfortable for your fur baby. This pad won’t move around and guarantees your pooch’s crate is always ready for them.
- Recycled polyester fill is environmentally friendly.
- This pad will fit most wire crates.
Many Labrador Retriever owners do not even want to think about looking for a bed for their dog. After having several beds, they have given up, as they know all too well that Labs are known for chewing and being destructive to their bed.
However, with the beds listed above, you may change your mind. These beds have been highly recommended by many of the thousands of Lab owners in our Facebook group.
When looking for a bed for your Lab, look for one that is durable and well constructed. And remember that price does not always have to play a factor in if a more expensive bed is better than a cheaper one. Some of the best Lab beds are very affordable.
Your Lab will be very glad that you took the time to read this so you can find him the perfect bed.
If you have a question, please don't hesitate to join the group and ask.
You can also leave a comment below.
Unfortunately, a Facebook group costs money to run well, and our group stays alive thanks to your support, please consider becoming a patreon member.Thank you!